WHAT IS A WOOD WICK AND WHY DO YOU USE THEM?
- Wood Wicks make a relaxing crackling sound while burning
- They produce an excellent hot throw
- The flame is cuter :)
- The crackling draws your attention to the candle and back into your body for the moment.
- Perfect for meditating on your intentions.
WHAT KIND OF WAX DO YOU USE TO MAKE YOUR CANDLES?
Our candles are always handcrafted with 100% Organic Soy Wax
WHY DO YOU USE SOY WAX?
it's natural, renewable and biodegradable and burns slowly and cleanly.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LIGHT MY CANDLE?
Wooden wicks can take some getting used to if you’re not familiar with them. Wick maintenance matters but if you ever need any help, reach out! We believe in providing excellent customer service.
✨Remove all large toppings.
Here are a few simple steps to ensure the best burn every time:
- Light the wick all the way across, not just on one end. This helps the candle to burn evenly.
- If your candle extinguishes, cut off the burnt tip and relight it.
- Allow the candle to burn until the wax reaches a full melt pool.
- Keep the candle away from drafts, such as ceiling fans, air conditioners or breezes.
- Never move or handle the candle while it’s lit.
- Keep the wick trimmed to ¼ inch. If the candle begins to smoke, or if the flame height is greater than 1½ inch, extinguish, allow the wick and wax to cool, and trim the wick.
- Recommended burn time is up to 4 hours at a time.
The first time you light your candle, allow it to burn until you get a full melt pool This breaking in process ensures a clean and efficient burning cycle for the life of the Candle.
Please trim your wicks before each BURN! Trimming your candles wick is important!
By trimming a candle wick to ¼” before each burn, you will get the optimal burn time over the life of your candle. The trimming of the wick not only helps with burn time, but it also ensures you don't get any residue or soot from your wick.
WHAT IF MY CANDLE STARTS TO TUNNEL?
Tunneling can be caused by a few things and here are some tips to prevent and fix it: 1) REMEMBER THE FIRST BURN IS THE MOST IMPORTANT! Letting your candle reach a full melt pool at the first burn is the best way to prevent tunneling your candle has muscle memory!
2) Never burn your candle near a ceiling fan, window, a/c etc. 3) Don’t panic! If your candle has already tunneled, make your candle a tin foil hat with a small hole on the top. This will allow heat to radiate down and melt the edge wax. In most cases, the wax will melt to the edges within 15 - 30 minutes with the foil. When removing the foil hat, remember it will be hot and may burn you.
WHAT SIZE CANDLES DO YOU OFFER AND WHAT ARE THE BURN TIMES OF EACH ONE?
WHEN WILL NEW SCENTS BE COMING OUT?
Best way to stay on top of new releases and shop updates is to sign up for our email list and follow us on social media.
WHEN WILL MY ORDER SHIP?
While we strive to ship out orders as quickly as possible, many of our products are hand poured and have to cure prior to shipping. Orders normally ship within 3 - 5 business days (Monday - Friday) however that may change to 5 - 10 business days (Monday - Friday) during our busiest time of year which begins In late September until New Years Day.
HOW MUCH DOES SHIPPING COST?
Shipping rates vary depending on the weight of the order and the zip code or country it is going to. Our website calculates this for you during the checkout process so that you can see how much shipping will be prior to completing your purchase.
DO YOU SHIP INTERNATIONALLY?
Currently we do not ship internationally.
CAN I RECOMMEND A CANDLE THAT I DON'T SEE AVAILABLE?
Absolutely! Some of our devotional candles have been requests. If enough people ask for it, we make it happen!
CAN I RETURN OR EXCHANGE MY ORDER?
If you find that you do not like the scent or product you ordered, we do take returns or exchanges on unused products. You must contact us within 15 days of receiving your order (determined by the tracking provided). Customers are required to cover the shipping cost to return your order to us. Once we receive your return, we will inspect the product and, upon our approval, your refund will be issued minus the cost of shipping. Please note that shipping is not refundable. In cases where a customer prefers an exchange, we will have a new scent or product of your choice shipped out at our expense.
DO YOU TAKE CUSTOM ORDERS?
Yes! We love collaborating with our customers. Please contact us at: Persephones.email@example.com
DO YOU DO WHOLESALE?
Yes! Check us out on faire:
Local to Houston/Austin area?
Are you carried at any shops?
Yes! You can find us at:
Yarrow & Sage in Austin, TX
Thorn & Moon in Houston heights, TX
Indigo Moons in Houston Spring Branch, TX
The Headspace in Colorado
Think we’d be a good fit in your shop? Reach out! Persephones.firstname.lastname@example.org